Chris Nicotra has lived his whole life in the world of real estate—he accompanied his father at the deal-closing table when he was only 10 years old and worked for his father’s real estate investment and development company while in high school. He went on to graduate from Babson College in 1996 with a degree in Business and many real estate classes under his belt. After school, he moved to Las Vegas where he earned a Nevada real estate license and worked in the management office of a large hotel and casino. Soon after, he returned home to Connecticut and rented an apartment in downtown New Haven, where he was struck with the development potential and momentum of the city.
Foreseeing the downtown boom that soon came, he set out to acquire good investment properties in and around New Haven, partnering with his father to form Olympia Properties in 2000. Today with a portfolio of over 25 purchase and sale deals closed and more than 100 leases signed, Chris still values a hands-on management approach, taking time to keep an eye on all aspects of his business. His standards have earned him success and recognition, including the “Top 40 Under 40” award from the New Haven Business Times (2005) and being named one of 16 “Rising Stars” by Business New Haven (2004). True to his family business philosophy, he also takes an active role in the community, donating time and money to many local and national charities and non-profits and is an active member of many local and national associations.
Click here to see New Haven Today, a video featuring Chris’ role in downtown New Haven’s development.
- Board Member – New Haven Workforce Alliance (appointed by Mayor John DeStefano)
- Chairman – Commercial Investment Division of the Greater New Haven Board of Realtors
- Connecticut Real Estate Licensed Brokerage Firm
- Member – BOMA – Building Owners and Managers Association
- Member – National Association of Realtors
- CAR – Connecticut Association of Realtors
- REFA – Real Estate Finance Association of Connecticut
- New Haven Town Green Special Services District – Former President
- Member – New Haven Chamber of Commerce
- Member – Young Professionals of New Haven
- Member – International Council of Shopping Center
- Member – Greater New Haven Chamber of Commerce